Durak Poly-Strong (PC)
DURAK Poly-Strong®PC is corespun sewing thread, that cotton fiber is wrapped over polyester filament.
DURAK Poly-Strong®PC poly-cotton threads, are the excellent sewing threads, produced in various ticket numbers, providing optimum seam performance by its high strength and structural properties.
While the core filament section of DURAK Poly-Strong®PC threads provides excellent strength and resistant, the cotton section of the threads protects the polyester core from needle and iron heat.
DURAK Poly-Strong®PC threads provide high sewing strength and superfine seam appearance, by their unique physical properties even within fine count ranges. Especially, for the seams where slimness and strength is primary, there are the best solutions in preventing sewing puckering.
Their resistances to friction are high. They keep their stabilities at high washing temperatures.
They have characteristics washing effects in denim washing. They allow obtaining seam in color tones those match to denim, after washing.
They are environmentally friendly products, produced according to Oeko-Tex Standard -100 class 1.
- DURAK Poly-strong®PC is a advanced-tech product that combined with the strength of the polyester and natural properties of the cotton. It provides excellent sewing performance even in the most difficult fabrics.
- Thanks to special lubricant, a smooth and trouble-free sewing is obtained.
- The cotton section of PC thread s have protective properties of filament on seams from needle and iron heat.
- Thanks to high-strength values obtained from polyester center, smooth-looking solid seams are obtained by using thinner sewing thread on fine fabrics.
- It is the most ideal sewing thread for denim applications with its superior washing properties.
- DURAK Poly-Strong®PC is an environmentally friendly product, produced according to Oeko-Tex Standard 100, covering the kids wear also, same as all other DURAK products.
- It is a sewing thread, suitable for denim and work uniforms, resistant to hard conditions, with its high friction endurance.
- Ready Made Clothing
- Work Uniforms
- Home Textile
- Various leather products
Physical and Chemical Properties
Its polyester section is generally acid-proof other than the extreme applications; its cotton section is affected from hot diluted and cold concentrated acids.
Its polyester section is resistance to light alkaline, medium resistant to strong alkaline. The cotton becomes swollen in caustics; there is no significant loss of strength.
Polyester is not affected from normal solvents, can be dissolved in some phenol compounds. The cotton is deformed against some solvents.
The polyester is not affected from bleaching; however its cotton section is whitened by hypo-chloride and peroxides.
Dyeing Technology and Lubrication
DURAK Poly-Strong®PC threads are dyed by environmentally friendly dyestuff and chemicals, from which bright and rich colors are obtained together with high color fastnesses.
DURAK Poly-Strong®PC is finished in specific formulized lubricants in order to obtain maximum seam performance and smooth seam appearance at high sewing speeds.
DURAK Poly-Strong®PC threads are produced in 20-36-50-75-120 thicknesses as standard, in various swatch cards and conics.